Would you like to live forever? Interestingly, most people say NO. In this workshop we will discuss the many ways to become immortal. From crowdsourcing immortality to cryogenic freezing. Let’s discuss the controversial, ethical and spiritual minefield that is immortality.
THE NEXT SIX WEEKS: Intelligent conversations: expand your mind and your English.
Welcome to Estúdio447 English Club's conversation workshops. Ideal for intermediate and advanced level speakers, these workshops are highly informative and very sociable. If you are looking for a fun and interesting way to improve your English then you have come to the right place!
DURATION: (1.5 hours per workshop)
TUESDAY NIGHT CLUB: 19:30 – 21:00h
THURSDAY NIGHT CLUB: 20:00 – 21:30h
WHERE: Estúdio447 Coworking Moema & English Club, R. Canário 447, Moema
GROUP SIZE: Max. 6 people
PRICE: R$70 per workshop (includes a drink per workshop: wine, beer or juice)
RESERVE YOUR PLACE NOW: Your place for a workshop is only guaranteed once you have paid. You can pay for individual workshops or for the full 6 weeks.
To reserve your place please follow the link below:
TEACHER: James WJ Sutton – British native speaker with many years of experience teaching English, entrepreneurship and public speaking.
Contact: email@example.com | 11-98493 9237 (Tim) | 11-942748917 (Vivo)
OVERVIEW OF WORKSHOPS FOR THE NEXT 6 WEEKS
THE BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY
* A discussion about who they really are and what role royal families should have in the 21st Century.
TUESDAY NIGHT WORKSHOP: 17/11/2015 - 19:30h
THURSDAY NIGHT WORKSHOP: 19/11/2015 - 20:00h
THE SUPER RICH - THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY
* Some use their billions to eradicate diseases and improve the lives of millions. Some don’t! Let’s discuss what it means to be Super Rich in today’s world and the impact extreme wealth has on those who have it and those who don’t.
TUESDAY NIGHT WORKSHOP: 24/11/2015 - 19:30h
THURSDAY NIGHT WORKSHOP: 26/11/2015 - 20:00h
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - THE FUTURE OR THE EXTINCTION OF HUMANITY?
* A discussion about the rapid advances in artificial intelligence and the impact this is having on our lives. But will it help us achieve our ideal world or will it spell the end of us? WARNING: The subject may just blow your mind. NOT to be missed!
TUESDAY NIGHT WORKSHOP: 01/12/2015 - 19:30h
THURSDAY NIGHT WORKSHOP: 03/12/2015 - 20:00h
IMMORTALITY – HOW, WHEN, WHY? DO WE WANT TO LIVE FOREVER?
* Would you like to live forever? Interestingly, most people say NO. In this workshop we will discuss the many ways to become immortal. From crowdsourcing immortality to cryogenic freezing. Let’s discuss the controversial, ethical and spiritual minefield that is immortality.
TUESDAY NIGHT WORKSHOP: 08/12/2015 - 19:30h
THURSDAY NIGHT WORKSHOP: 10/12/2015 - 20:00h
COFFEE – HOW THE WORLD BECAME ADDICTED
* Coffee addicts, coffee farmers, coffee hipsters and coffee connoisseurs are just some of the characters we will be discussing in this coffee-fuelled workshop. From the finest speciality coffee to an ordinary cup of Joe - discover the history, economics and philosophy of how coffee culture changed the world. Let's talk coffee!
TUESDAY NIGHT WORKSHOP: 15/12/2015 - 19:30h
THURSDAY NIGHT WORKSHOP: 17/12/2015 - 20:00h
ELON MUSK - HOW THIS MAN IS CHANGING THE WORLD & WHY YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HIM!
* Elon Musk is the visionary and entrepreneur behind PayPal, Telsa, Space X & Solar City. A billionaire businessman ranked as the 100th richest man in the world and also amongst the 100 most influential according to Time magazine. Did I mention he also works 100 hours a week. This workshop will look at how he aims to transition the world to electric vehicles, solar energy and send 1 million people to colonise Mars in the coming decades! We will discuss how he has been able to achieve so much and what impact his ideas will have on our lives.
TUESDAY NIGHT WORKSHOP: 22/12/2015 - 19:30h
These workshops have been kindly sponsored by: