TODOS OS WORKSHOPS DO ESTÚDIO447
WORKSHOP No 1:
LEGENDS OF COMEDY (PART 1)
* In this workshop we will discuss the life and work of four legends of comedy: Ricky Gervais, Jerry Seinfeld, Jim Carrey and Robin Williams. Let's learn the secrets to their comedy genius and discover what makes them tick!
WORKSHOP No 2:
THE GREAT PHILOSOPHERS: KANT & MICHEL FOUCAULT
* In this workshop we will discover two of ‘The Great Philosophers’, Immanuel Kant and Michel Foucault and discuss some of their biggest ideas. Such as Kant’s questions about what exactly is a free society and how Foucault’s thinking about history can teach us to look at the way we live our lives today differently.
Read more about this workshop here.
WORKSHOP No 3:
HUMANS OF NEW YORK : 2016
* Everyday this blog shares the stories of ordinary people in New York. With over 20 million followers on social media, let's discuss the phenomenon that is Humans of New York!
WORKSHOP No 4:
* In this workshop we will look at what it means to be anonymous. We will discuss the infamous hacker and activist group known as Anonymous along with artists such as Daft Punk and Banksy who successfully use anonymity to their advantage.
Read more about this workshop here.
WORKSHOP No 5:
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - THE FUTURE OR THE EXTINCTION OF HUMANITY?
* A discussion about the rapid advances in artificial intelligence and the impact this is having on our lives. But will it help us achieve our ideal world or will it spell the end of us? WARNING: You may find this subject shocking.
WORKSHOP No 6:
ELON MUSK - HOW THIS MAN IS CHANGING THE WORLD & WHY YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HIM!
* Elon Musk is the visionary and entrepreneur behind PayPal, Telsa, Space X & Solar City. A billionaire businessman ranked as the 100th richest man in the world and also amongst the 100 most influential according to Time magazine. This workshop will look at how he aims to transition the world to electric vehicles, solar energy and send 1 million people to colonise Mars in the coming decades! We will discuss how he has been able to achieve so much and what impact his ideas will have on our lives.
WORKSHOP No 7:
* Advances in biotechnology have made it possible to bring back extinct species from the dead, but should we? In this workshop we will not only discuss the scientific breakthroughs in this area, but the many ethical implications of reviving dead species.
WORKSHOP No 8:
GRAFFITI - ART THROUGH VANDALISM
* A look at some of the most notorious graffiti artists in the world and what value they have in society. Banksy, OBEY, Invader, Roa, Os Gemeos, Basquiat and Vhils are just some of the names most commonly associated with the world of Graffiti. Lets discuss the origins of this art form, the politics, the purpose, what drives graffiti artists and what most shocks, offends or inspires the societies that observe them.
WORKSHOP No 9:
ARE WE ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE?
* A conversation about aliens, UFOs and the Fermi Paradox. If other intelligent life exists in our universe, then where are all the aliens? In this workshop we will discuss the Fermi paradox: the apparent contradiction between high estimates of the probability of the existence of extra-terrestrial civilisations and humanity's lack of contact with, or evidence for, such civilisations.
WORKSHOP No 12:
THE NEXT FOOD REVOLUTION
* A discussion about the global obesity epidemic, the future of food and how to feed the global population without destroying the planet.
WORKSHOP No 14:
CONSPIRACY THEORIES OF OUR TIME
* Let's discuss some of the biggest and most controversial conspiracy theories of our time. In this workshop we will debate if there is any truth behind conspiracy theories such as, 'the moon landing was a hoax, the assassination of Princess Diana, 9/11, the Illuminati, the New World Order and the UFO crash in Roswell. Prepare for a fun and lively conversation!
WORKSHOP No 16:
THE GREATEST FILMS EVER MADE
* A discussion about the best of cinema. Lets talk about our favourite directors, actors, actresses and debate what makes a great film.
Read more about this workshop here.
WORKSHOP No 17:
THE FUTURE OF MEDICINE
* From 3D printing human kidneys to testing for Parkinson’s disease with your iphone. We will be discussing the very latest in medical advances!
WORKSHOP No 18:
THE 10 GREATEST CITIES IN THE WORLD
* London, New York, Paris, Tokyo, Sydney are just five of the incredible cities that we will discuss this workshop. Let’s debate what makes cities great and discover the best these cities have to offer from the people who live there.
WORKSHOP No 20:
PLANETARY BOUNDARIES & THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY
* Climate change, biodiversity, deforestation, ocean acidification and fresh water - there is a limit to how much our planet can sustain. Let’s discuss these limits for life and what it means for us in the coming years.
WORKSHOP No 22:
THE SUPER RICH : THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY
* Some use their billions to eradicate diseases and improve the lives of millions. Some don’t! Let’s discuss what it means to be Super Rich in today’s world and the impact extreme wealth has on those who have it and those who don’t.
WORKSHOP No 23:
IMMORTALITY : HOW, WHEN, WHY? DO WE WANT TO LIVE FOREVER?
* Would you like to live forever? Interestingly, most people say NO. In this workshop we will discuss the many ways to become immortal. From crowdsourcing immortality to cryogenic freezing. Let’s discuss the controversial, ethical and spiritual minefield that is immortality.
WORKSHOP No 24:
COFFEE : HOW THE WORLD BECAME ADDICTED
* Coffee addicts, coffee farmers, coffee hipsters and coffee connoisseurs are just some of the characters we will be discussing in this coffee-fuelled workshop. From the finest speciality coffee to an ordinary cup of Joe - discover the history, economics and philosophy of how coffee culture changed the world. Let's talk coffee!
WORKSHOP No 27:
HOW & WHY WE WILL COLONIZE MARS
* It is now looking increasingly likely that the first humans to colonize Mars will happen in our lifetime. This workshop will discuss exactly how people are currently planning to go to Mars and why it is such an important step for humanity.
WORKSHOP No 28:
Endurance, flexibility, intelligence - what does it take to be superhuman? Discover people with photographic memories or who can run marathons without ever getting tired. This workshop will also discuss the phenomenon of CrossFit and how you can train your superhuman abilities.
WORKSHOP No 29:
THE GREAT PHILOSOPHERS : PLATO & NIETZSCHE
The first in a series of workshops that will explore 'The Great Philosophers'. Starting with Plato and Nietzsche. In this workshop we will discover the history of these great thinkers and discuss some of their biggest ideas.
WORKSHOP No 30:
HOW TO BUY HAPPINESS
* In this workshop we will discover how you can actually buy happiness. How countries like Bhutan measures Gross National Happiness and discuss how you can live a happier life.
WORKSHOP No 31:
SHOULD IT BE LEGAL?
* Prostitution, drugs, gambling, abortion, euthanasia – should they be legal? In this workshop we will debate the pros and cons of legalising some of the most controversial practices present in our society today.
WORKSHOP No 33:
THE ART OF LEARNING PHRASAL VERBS
* Phrasal verbs can be very confusing! Discover the art of learning the most useful English phrasal verbs in a simple and visual way. This workshop includes essential grammar as well as conversation games to put your new knowledge of phrasal verbs into practice.
WORKSHOP No 34:
THE BEAUTY OF BEER
* In this workshop we will discuss the beauty of beer in all its glorious forms and flavours. Discover the history, how it is made, the origins of beer’s language and beer culture, debate the diverse contributions from the different schools of beer, do a beer quiz and finally reach an enlightened (and possibly slightly drunken...) state as we end with the philosophy of beer. Get a beer in your hand and let’s begin!